The BBC report that:
- The Pfizer and AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccines are highly effective against the variant identified in India after two doses.
- Two jabs of either vaccine give a similar level of protection against symptomatic disease from the Indian variant as they do for the Kent one.
- However, both vaccines were only 33% effective against the Indian variant three weeks after the first dose. This compared with 50% effectiveness against the Kent variant.
- The Pfizer vaccine was found to be 88% effective at stopping symptomatic disease from the Indian variant two weeks after the second dose, compared with 93% effectiveness against the Kent variant.
- The AstraZeneca jab was 60% effective against the Indian variant, compared with 66% against the Kent variant.
Well established UK telehealth equipment and service provider.
From their website;
Medvivo Careline delivers telecare services centred around individual need, supporting our clients to remain safe at home for as long as possible.
integrating health and care | telehealth solutions | telecare